Saturday, March 26, 2011

Helloooooo Sunshine!

I need sun!! Since the real sun has decided to hide behind the clouds in Columbus, I had to make my own!! It's actually for the Splitcoast Free for All challenge - to make a card inspired by the sun.

I punched a circle and cut out the rays with an Exacto knife. Then, I inked the edges of the sun with a yellow Sharpie. I used some yellow chalk ink on the background between the rays to give the illusion that the rays were illuminating light. I wrote hello with a white gel pen and then found some gold alpha stickers in my stash. I topped it off with a blue button to add just a touch of color.

I'm visiting my 90-something year old grandma tomorrow. She recently broke her arm and is recovering in a nursing home. I'm going to give this card to her. I hope it will cheer her up and brighten her room.


1 comment :

Jennipher said...

Awesome job on the challenge Annette. Just love your hand-made sun shine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...