Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wishing You Peace

Aaahh ... peace. I love peace, especially since my days are filled with a lot of loudness. Toys, tvs, children, electronic gadgets, etc. are a big part of most of my day. But after the kids go to bed, the toys are put away, and the tv is at a much lower volume (though still on) my day gets a little more peaceful, which brings me to this card.

It's for the inspiration challenge at SCS featuring Kirklands. I found a nice trio of wall decor as my inspiration piece. I liked the colors and felt it would make a nice sympathy or pick-me-up card. Like many card crafters, I find sympathy cards difficult to make. It's even more difficult when you're making it for someone you know. I like to keep some in stock that I can pull out when I need them. That way, I'm making the card in advance for nobody in particular.

I stamped the sentiment, flowers, stems and leaves on watercolor paper. I colored them in with my Tombow markers. (I don't own Copics ... yet. I'm seriously thinking about them, though!) Then I found some buttons to match each flower.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...