Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trigger Target: Perty & Flirty B-Day

Hi everyone! I am excited about today's card. It's another Moxie Fab World Trigger Tuesday card. Cath posted a gorgeous photo of a butter yellow coat against a soft rose background. I love the color of the coat!! It's my favorite color. Heck, I love the coat. I don't think I'd look good in it, but it's nice to admire from afar.

If you love this photo, you too should give this week's Tuesday Trigger a try. It's a two weeker, which gives you plenty of time to play!!

You can see that I drew my inspiration from the color palette. I used the bold yellow paper and paired it with a soft rose background stamp. In the inspiration photo, you'll notice that only a touch of black is in there. I, too, just used a little bit of black.

I also drew inspiration from the pleating on the coat. To mimic the pleating treatment, I ruched the yellow satin ribbon, which also added a soft fabric texture - just like the coat.


One of the gallery idol contestant's cards also served as inspiration. I initially found the card on Pinterest, but I after digging a little deeper, I learned it was a top 20 finalist in the Gallery Idol competition. It was create by Clare Buswell. I love the layout and used it as a sketch for my card.

I hope you enjoyed this. I probably won't be posting for awhile. I am the arts and crafts teacher for my church's VBS and then I will be vacationing in sunny Myrtle Beach with my fam!!

Card Recipe:

Paper - Stampin Up! Whisper White, Big Top Birthday
Stamps - Stampin Up! En Fracais background, So Many Scallops, Studio G
Ink - Stampin Up! Regal Red, Memento Tuexedo Black
Embellies - Yellow ribbon, baker's twine, glitter tape





Tuesday Trigger


Inspiration Card by Clare Buswell

9 comments :

Annette Allen said...

wow... very pretty and creative..

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love your papers and the floral banner, it's so pretty!

C said...

Very pretty! Enjoy your vaca!

Shelly said...

Lovely, as always!! I love the color combo and the stamp. I am convinced I must have it! Darn it... that always happens:)

Shelly

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

You can always borrow mine, Shelly!!

Stella said...

I hope you win; this is stunning!

Anonymous said...

ooo So pretty, I love the banner across the top and the bow in the middle. The colors are so chic.

Have a great day!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That's a mighty perty card, Annette! I am loving the banner and the stripes and the flower...love it! Have fun at the beach--stay cool :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Annette your card is beautiful! Love the banner and the papers you used. Have a good day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...