Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day Blog Hop!!




Hi friends and Happpy National Scrapbooking Day!! I have the honor of participating in a blog hop for A. Jillian Vance Design today, where the theme is to create a project using black, white and red. If you're participating in the hop, then you probably came from Rhonda's blog. If you came across my post in another way, then I invite you to join in on the hop. The lineup is listed below. 

If you've never heard of A. Jillian Vance Design, you should check them out. The company started in 2010 by Jillian Vance when she was - get this - 10! That's 10 years old!! I'm amazed at her creativity and drive. The stamps are really cute, too. She has some very unique designs. 

One of those sets is a personal favorite of mine because it celebrates my all time favorite sports team and alma mater, The Ohio State Buckeyes!! Woo hoo! Go Bucks!  Did I mention that Jillian is also an Ohio native and a fellow Buckeye fan? It's no coincidence that the blog hop color palette matches OSU's colors of Scarlet and Gray. 

Go Bucks!! 

Go Bucks by Annette Witherspoon

Buckeyes Medallion

O-H-I-O
To make this card, I stamped the silhouette of the people in O-H-I-O formation in gray. Then I stamped Ohio State in red on top of the silhouette. Both stamps came from this set. Then, I used some Buckeye twine, which is also from A. Jillian Vance Design. The medallion is hand-crafted from scratch by yours truly. I cut a strip of red paper and scored it 1/4" apart. Then I cut a smaller strip of specialty Ohio State paper from my local craft store, scored it at 1/4" again and adhered it to the red paper. Next, I folded each scored line in mountain valley style like an accordion, glued the two ends together and pressed the inside flat to create the medallion. I stuck a Buckeyes sticker (also from my local craft store) in the center and voila! I'm really happy with the outcome. I hope I am just as happy with the outcome of the upcoming fall football season! Hopefully Urban Meyer can get us back to national championship status!!


Here is the lineup:

ajillianvancedesign.blogspot.com/ A Jillian Vance Design 
www.princessandthepaper.com/ Jillian Vance  
craftyandgreen.blogspot.com Crafty and Green (Tina Keller)
 margieh.blogspot.com/ MargieH (Margie Higuchi)
shabbybeautiful.blogspot.com/ Misty Christensen
snapwhiz.blogspot.com Rhonda Van Ginkel 
ajillianvancedesign.blogspot.com/ A Jillian Vance Design   


Once you complete the Blog Bash list, please back over to the A Jillian Vance Design blog, become a follower and leave a comment on what you thought of the bash! {Make sure you leave some love on everyone's blog too!}
Two winners will receive a Gift Certificate for $5 off anything in the store!

18 comments :

Beth Hillier said...

Oh, Wow I love it. So cute

Margie Higuchi said...

LOL at the OHIO reference! LOVE that you showcased those products from her line!!! What a great project and a wonderful way to end the hop :) FABULOUS job!!

Kecia said...

You know how much I love this! WOWZERS! And, Go Buckeyes!!!!

Bunny Vance said...

Love this card! That rosette is perfect! and the shadow of the O-H-I-O is perfect! Thanks for joining us in the Blog Bash!!!
Bunny

A Jillian Vance Design said...

I absolutely adore this!!!! Its so cute! Like Bunny said, the shadow of the O-H-I-O IS perfect!!! Thanks for joining us in the hop!

Pamela said...

Wow! I absolutely love your card!!! Go Bucks

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awesome card, Annette (even with the OSU theme--LOL!)! I really like your rosette and the silhouette stamps are very cool.

Denise Speigle said...

OMG! I LOVE IT! This would be great for the Ohio State LOVER! TFS

jcwspoon said...

Awesome card :-) Go Bucks!!!!!

Crafty and Green said...

What a stunning Card! Being an Ohioan myself, I just love this!! I'm so glad I got to participate in this hop with you!

Many Blessings,
Tina

rlovew said...

Awesome rosette and I love the layered stamping.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Super cute! Love the way you used the colors here!!!

So fun to be a part of the hop with you!

CityGirl Planners said...

Oh Annette, you poor girl you, not the Buckeyes. *smh* LOL You are going to kill me but Go Michigan!!!

The Happy Card Encouragement Factory

Walking on Water said...

I am a big OSU fan and I love this card!!! :) Go buckeyes!! I am a Ohio native as well...couldn't pick a better card! :)

Rubies Crafts said...

Great card, TFS

Ruby

Denise said...

Annette, this card is so cute! I am totally stealing this! Denise

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Thanks honey!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Annette, this is perfection! The best Buckeye card ever! I love the twine and the stamping at the bottom and the bling...ok, I love it all. FABULOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...