Thursday, November 1, 2012

Make it Pop!

 Hello there. I am excited to share with you a technique I used to give more dimension and add that little "pop" to your jumbo flowers.

Have you ever closed your eyes and all of a sudden an idea "pops" in your head. That's exactly what happened with this card. First, I stamped the Jumbo Cling Dahlia on card stock with Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed with Stampendous Pirate Gold embossing powder. Next, I fussy cut the flower with scissors. Then, with a finger knife, I carefully cut each petal starting at the tip and working down midway to the base. I didn't cut all the way to the base because I wanted the flower to remain in tact. After I finished all the fussy cutting, I curled up the tips to give it a more realistic, three-dimensional effect.


 



Here is the entire recipe:
Stampendous Stamps: Jumbo Cling Dahlia, Happy Messages Perfectly Clear Stamps
Ink: Versa Mark, Memento
Stampendous Embossing Powder: Pirate Gold
Designer Paper:  My Minds Eye
Ribbon: May Arts

1 comment :

Jingle said...

What a great technique! This is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...