Monday, October 21, 2013

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Christmas Cards!!

Hi everyone! I just got my first sets of Wplus9 stamps and dies and I LOVE them! I love the designs and matching dies. I ordered the stamps with some of my birthday money and couldn't wait to start playing.

Below are two Christmas cards I made with my new goodies. I'm entering them into the Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge, which is to create Christmas cards. Both cards use the Pretty Poinsettia stamps and dies.

The set has two poinsettias - a large and small. I used the large poinsettia on this card. The sentiment is from the Christmas Wishes set. I embellished it with a snowflake brad from Eyelet Outlet and some bling strips.



The second card features the smaller poinsettia. To create the wreath, I borrowed a trick from Jennifer McGuire, who recently created a wreath using a spring stamp. For my wreath, I used the veins of the leaf. I first drew a circle, then stamped the veins in two different colors of green. I also double stamped to create different shades. Then, I embellished it with some bling from Eyelet Outlet. The sentiment is also from the Christmas Wishes set. I actually stamped Holly Jolly first, then to get the word Christmas, I took the Merry Christmas sentiment and only inked up the word Christmas. My Fiskars stamp press helped me to center the word under Holly Jolly.



No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...